ELECTRICIANS SERVING NUNEATON FOR OVER 20 YEARS
Electrical contractors in Nuneaton
Serving the local residents of the Nuneaton area for over 20 years, our trained electricians in Nuneaton are qualified to handle any of the electrical issues that the residents may discover in their homes or business properties.
Nuneaton is located in Warwickshire, England. It is the largest town in Warwickshire, with over 80,000 residents. Nuneaton is a fascinating town with a rich history. As electricians working in Nuneaton daily we are proud to service an area with strong historical roots and a diverse community.
Some of the electrical services we offer in Nuneaton:
- Consumer Units / Fuse Boxes
- Electrical Repairs
- Electrical Fault Finding
- Smoke and Fire Alarms
- Landlord Electrical Certificates
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Periodic Electrical Inspections
- Landlord Electrical Certificates
- Domestic & Commercial Rewiring
- Outdoor Lighting & Sockets
- Door Entry Systems
- CCTV Services
History of Nuneaton
Nuneaton was founded by the Saxons almost 10 centuries ago. The town has a long and fascinating history; in the 12th century, a priory for nuns was built in town. This is how Nuneaton received its name. The town continued to grow. The nuns were granted permission to host an annual fair, and this attracted merchants and craftsmen to move to the area.
Throughout the centuries, Nuneaton continued to grow at a steady pace. Multiple industries such as textile, engineering, silk and cotton factories, coal mining, brick and tile industry, and a bustling brewing industry continued to boost the popular in the 19th century. The addition of a railway in 1847 caused the population to rapidly increase.
Today, it is a bustling town and is considered a commuter town for cities nearby such as Coventry and Birmingham.
Landmarks to Visit in Nuneaton
For residents and visitors alike, Nuneaton is home to a number of landmarks and attractions to see. If you are new to the area, (or even if not), the S & J Electrical team have brought together some of their favourite attractions and places of interest within the area to help you out.
• Hoar Park Shopping and Craft Village is located on 141 acres in the North Warwickshire countryside. There are retail and craft shops available as well as a delicious restaurant. There also are fishing pools, a children’s farm and a barn available to rent for events.
• Nuneaton Museum and Art Gallery has three galleries with many exhibits. There is also a gallery dedicated to George Eliot, who was born in Nuneaton. In 1941, the gallery received major damage during a bombing raid by the Germans. A lot of the original items were lost, but they have fully revived the museum.
• Tunnel Brewery offers a tour that is full of information. This tour includes samples of local beer and snacks.
• Hawkwise Falconry offers an amazing experience for adults and children. During your time at the falconry, you will learn about the history of falconry and handle multiple days. It isn’t often that you get to handle a bird of prey.
Facts about Nuneaton
• George Eliot was born just outside of Nuneaton in 1819 on a farm. She lived there for part of her early life. Scenes from her novel Scenes of Clerical Life depict Nuneaton.
• It is very close to other towns such as Bedworth, Atherstone and Hinckley.
• Nuneaton has two football teams: Nuneaton Town and Nuneaton Griff.
• The largest carnival in Warwickshire, Nuneaton Carnival, takes place in June every year.
• The inventor of the gas turbine, John Barber, lived in Nuneaton.
• The film director, Gareth Edwards, of Monsters, Godzilla, and the new Star Wars is from Nuneaton.
Our Opening Hours
|Monday||07:00am – 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||07:00am – 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||07:00am – 6:00pm|
|Thursday||07:00am – 6:00pm|
|Friday||07:00am – 6:00pm|
|Saturday||07:00am – 12:00pm plus Emergency Callouts|